Tezlom is an exciting agency to work for, we provide HEALTH CARE ASSISTANTS & SUPPORT WORKERS Flexible shifts (Short Days/Long Days/Nights/Weekends) and the option to choose which days you would like to work, giving you the freedom and flexibility to work as much or as little as you like!
We are recruting for Job Coach – Project Search -
30 hours per week
Overall Purpose of the Job: To provide training and support to learners, business coworkers and families and to ensure successful implementation into the work environment and to seek out job opportunities both within and outside of the host employer.
1. Provide individualised support for the learners at the host business worksite or competitive job which includes but not limited to: job coaching, building natural supports, identifying job accommodations, assistive technology.
2. Communicate effectively with any other staff, co-worker, family member, and/or school as it relates to the learner being trained.
3. Perform specific job analysis, task analysis, and job matching activities.
4. Carry out steps of job coaching plan with worker and other parties, as
5. Work with consumers, employers, families, job placement specialist, agency personnel and other appropriate parties to problem solve
issues relating to training and employment where necessary.
6. Practise positive reinforcement techniques with workers, co-workers, and other staff and help facilitate disability equality training.
7. Train learners in the areas of personal hygiene, communication, interviewing, and behaviour as they relate to successful employment.
8. Provide travel training to job sites if necessary.
9. Communicate with Transition Lead to make final decisions regarding any issues that may affect learners' success at a worksite or competitive job site. These decisions may be related to, but not limited to: continued job coaching, fading, behaviour, job tasks, etc.
10. Attend training provided.
11. Participate in decision making processes to identify and implement training strategies and/or services with other staff and host business staff.
12. Attend monthly supervision.
13. Work with Tutor to carry out monitoring and auditing as requested.
14. The Job Coach will be expected to perform other duties as deemed necessary and appropriate by the CEO and/or designated line manager.
Qualified to GCSE 5 and above.
Training in systematic instruction is desired but not essential.
Proven track record of working with young adults with a learning disability.
Job coaching and/or supporting adults with learning disabilities into employment.
Ability to break down and teach tasks.
Ability to adhere to and promote standards of the host business and/or competitive work site in order to promote job productivity and efficiency.
Ability to use technology (e.g google suite, CRM) to create, submit, complete and save appropriate job coaching paperwork.
Ability to recognise and act on the legal responsibilities concerning the safety and welfare of the learners.
Ability to demonstrate daily work assignment responsibilities and be accountable for all hours assigned; be punctual and regular in attendance
Ability to participate in professional growth activities such as conferences, in-services.
Act as an effective role model