- Location: Whitchurch—North Shropshire
- Working Pattern: Zero hour contract
- Salary: £22,589 - £29,150 [FTE]
- Sleep-in Payments: Additional £65 per night
- Benefits Scheme
This really is an exciting opportunity to join the Physis Team as a Bank Therapeutic Support Worker. Become a part of our dedicated staff team offering therapeutic and nurturing support to empower young people to maximise their opportunities and aspirations.
Physis Care offer comprehensive residential care, education and therapy to children and young people aged between 11-18 years, who have experienced or are at high risk of exploitation.
Experience and qualifications you will have:
- Level 3 QCF Diploma in Residential Childcare (or equivalent) is desirable.
- Driver’s licence - Use of on site vehicles
- Experience of working with children with complex needs within a residential setting
What’s Involved with the Role of a Support Worker?
- To know, understand, implement, and model the Physis Model of Therapeutic Care to provide a safe, caring environment to enable the emotional, social, and educational development of children, through individual attention and group activities.
- To work as part of a team under the direction of the Registered Manager (RM) to ensure that our young people receive the highest standards of therapeutic care to develop to their full potential.
- At all times to promote the safeguarding and welfare of the children.
Successful applicants will be subject to an Enhanced Disclosure Check by the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS). Any unspent conviction/cautions should be declared at the point of application. Any adult cautions (simple or conditional) or spent convictions that are not protected as defined by the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 (Exceptions) Order 1975 (Amendment) (England and Wales) Order 2020 should also be declared.