As a Youth Justice Officer you will be passionate about making a difference to high risk, complex and vulnerable children at risk of prosecution, on bail /remand, or subject to Court Orders; ensuring children involved in the youth justice system receive the right intervention at the right time to achieve and sustain best outcomes. You will be a professional who practices effectively, with high quality assessment and judgement skills. Be able to independently manage caseloads with confidence, utilising strong engagement skills and creative interventions. Be recognised as a source of reliable knowledge and advice and be accountable for your own professional development. You will support and advocate for equality and diversity, respecting anyone working for or in contact.
Qualifications and experience:
• Relevant professional qualification recognised by one of the YJS statutory partner agencies (Social Work, Probation, Education, Health, Police), e.g. Social Work Degree, Professional Qualification in Probation (PQiP), BA (Hons) Youth Work, Diploma in Counselling/Careers Guidance, PGCE, Registered Nurse qualification, Police Sergeant Level. (NB - Social Work qualified staff are required to be HCPC registered). OR
• Youth Justice Effective Practice Certificate (YJEPC) and the Foundation Degree in Youth Justice, plus relevant training, and to have practised as a qualified Youth Justice Officer.
• Theoretical knowledge, practice and skills in terms of youth justice and child/ adolescent behaviour, e.g. attachment and developmental trauma, child development, restorative practice, good lives model, desistance theory, RNR.
• Excellent assessment skills and experience of case management.
• Demonstrable experience of writing reports and presenting to a high standard in a Court/formal setting, being able to defend case and confidently challenge when appropriate.
• Extensive experience of multi-agency working to address the needs and risks of adolescents and their families.
• Training and development skills with the ability to successfully transfer bespoke knowledge and “up-skill” new colleagues to enhance and maximise their capabilities.
Any Questions please do get in contact