Potter Johnson Recruitment are pleased to be working together with a well-established adults supported living service, providing support and accommodation to adults, with learning disabilites, mental and acquired brain injury, across London.
We are looking for experienced support workers to join our agency. We can offer full time or part time hours, regular places of work on an ongoing basis.
Due to expansion, our client, based in Bexley, are currently needing Support Workers to work, on an agency contract, for Homecare, Outreach, and Supported living services. This role will include lone and group working with adults from 18 upwards.
Job Description (Responsibilities):
* To be responsible for managing the project whilst on shift, taking full responsibility for managing the establishment, (the resources and the fabric of the building) and, most importantly, the welfare of the clients.
* Promote the development of the clients.
* Protect the clients from threats to their health, welfare and normal development, both from inside and outside the home. Understand and implement all safeguarding related policies.
* Ensure that key stages in the stay of the clients such as admission and discharge are properly
* managed and reflect decisions recorded in care plans
* Ensure that the clients facing particular crises and stresses are offered appropriate additional support
* Ensure that clients are responsible for their own lives, involving them in planning their lives, supporting them and helping them towards taking greater control and responsibility
* As a support worker, participate in the development, implementation and monitoring of individual support plans and engaging the clients in learning.
* Contribute to and complete risk assessment regarding the clients when necessary.
* Support their clients with transport when required
* Use the community as a means of support and social learning for the clients
* Build positive relationships with community members, ensuring that the privacy of the clients is not effected.
* Develop and maintain good working relationships with family members where appropriate, social workers, school staff and other professionals with a concern for the clients needs.
* Ensure constructive and positive communication and negotiation with referring agencies regarding the clients.
* Positive and non-judgmental value base
* Knowledge of the latest legislation
* Demonstration of a commitment to supporting and motivating adults with learning difficulties/mental health/acquired brain injury
* Ability to maintain boundaries and communicate effectively with the clients
* Ability to work within a team.
* Ability to work shifts including sleep-ins - including weekends and bank holidays
* Experience of working within a similar environment
* NVQ Level 2 in Social Care or a similar subject
* Full UK driving licence and use of our car (desirable but not essential)
* DBS on the update service
* Indate mandatory training
If you have the right skills and experience and are interested in this role, please submit your CV