Lead Activity Co-ordinator Role – Manton Heights Care Centre
Rate; 11.00 per hour
Hours; 40 hours per week
Manton Heights Care Centre which provides residential and dementia care are looking for an experienced Activity co-ordinator to lead the team.
In this role you will be required to:
Empower each resident to achieve their own goals, assessing their needs and providing the appropriate level of support to help them continue to do the things they enjoy.
Plan, organise, promote and deliver a meaningful, varied and enjoyable activities programme that meets the changing needs of residents in our care.
Motivate and inspire all team members in the home to be involved and engaged in the activity provision.
Spend time with residents and relatives to better understand their hobbies, interests, wants and wishes.
Actively engaging with residents in conversation and meaningful occupation related to their lifestyle choices at a level and pace that values the individual and respects their dignity and communication differences
* NVQ HSC level 3 or QCF HSC award 3 (or higher)
* Proven track record of organising, coordinating, motivating other
* Experience of organising and scheduling programmes of events or activities
* Experience of working and/or engaging with older people (both living with and without Dementia).
* Experience delivering high quality relationship centred care
* Excellent communication (written and verbal) and clinical skills
* Knowledge of and competence in core Microsoft office applications
* Passionate and keen to develop new skills
* Listening skills
* Data management (for record keeping and review)
* Ability to organise efficiently and prioritise workloads whilst under pressure
* Reliable, flexible, adaptable, punctual
* Will and able to work outside the standard work hours
* Approachable and friendly
* Positive in outlook and manner
* Able to promote a professional image for the company at all times
* Ongoing training and support to further your career
* A Career pathway with opportunities to get promoted; where progression to management positions is encouraged
* Full and comprehensive induction
* Company pension scheme*
* Wide variety of health, retail and leisure benefits via Perkbox*
* Paid annual leave (pro rata)*
* Refer a friend bonus*
* 2 free uniforms
* Parking available on site
* QCF Level 3 Certificate in Activity Provision in Social Care – Distance learning
If this role sounds like the role for you, don’t delay apply today
Terms & Conditions apply