Senior Care Assistant – Permanent
Full (Part Time considered) - Days or Nights
£22,500 - £25,600 per annum plus benefits
* Medium sized Residential Care Home
* Excellent reputation and quality group
* Good CQC
* Old Age, Dementia
We are currently looking for a Senior Care Assistant for permanent Day or Night Shifts in a high quality, modern Residential Care Home in Stone, Staffordshire with an excellent reputation.
As Senior Care Assistant you’ll be working with older people, some with dementia whilst delivering the highest levels of care which the home is known for. You’ll be passionate about your career and this area of care and you’ll go out of your way to ensure that residents have fulfilling lives. You should have experience in the following:
* Working with a similar patient group in Elderly and/or Dementia Care
* NVQ Level 2 or above OR Equivalent in Health and Social Care
* At least 2 years experience working in a Care role
* Great people skills and attention to detail
* Able to pass a DBS/CRB check
* Preferably with the experience and qualification for medication
We are also considering passionate Care Assistants who are looking to step up to a Senior role and you will be trained and mentored to succeed.
* Ensure the highest possible levels of care are maintained by at all times by supporting/assisting residents, with all aspects of daily living
* Support training and supervision of junior and new Staff Members in all aspects of their work in the home, under the supervision of senior Staff Members
* Assist residents in all aspects of their care needs (e.g. physical, emotional, and well-being)
* Provide supervision and attention and ensure residents retain their comfort and dignity
* Assist residents who have limited mobility or physical difficulties making the best use of aids provided
* Assist in the delivery of care for residents who are nearing end of life or who have a progressive illness
* Complete, observe, & review care planning needs for residents and complete written daily records as instructed and in line with the Company’s policies and procedures
You should possess excellent verbal and written communication skills in order to work effectively and build relationships with residents, their families, colleagues and the wider team. In order to succeed you will be self-motivated and confident with the ability to remain calm under pressure.
The home itself specialises in caring for the elderly and individuals with dementia and is set in beautiful surroundings. It is decorated and equipped to the highest standards to ensure residents are as comfortable as possible and to enable care staff to provide the highest levels of care at all times. This home in Stone, Staffordshire is part of a growing group with a highly regarded reputation for resident focus and similar homes around the UK.
In return you will receive:
* Highly Competitive rates of pay up to £11.25 per hour
* Auto Enrolment Pension Scheme
* 28 days holiday entitlement
* Excellent training and support
* Established, Reputable, Forward Thinking Employer
Gemini Healthcare Recruitment are recruiting on behalf of our client for this Senior Care Assistant role in Stone, Staffordshire. Gemini Healthcare Recruitment are a leading agency specialising in the permanent recruitment of nurses, management, social care and healthcare professionals across the UK