We have an excellent opportunity for a Senior Support Worker to join a small residential/transition service for people with autism and mental health needs in Thornbury, South Gloucestershire.
About the role:
You will be working as part of a very unique service that caters to autistic individuals with additional needs such as mental illness, forensic backgrounds, addictions, and/or brain injuries. Service users are very mobile and spend a lot of time accessing services and facilities outside of the home with Support Workers.
With the help of the service and the skills developed during their time here, individuals are expected and supported to transition into more independent living within 1 - 2 years.
As a Senior Support Worker, you will be responsible for:
* Day to day duties of Support Worker; supporting service users with their daily routines, promoting health and wellbeing, developing individuals’ vocational, educational and creative skills; accessing community services and facilities; gaining independent living skills
* Effectively and positively managing challenging behaviour, supporting individuals to gain coping strategies
* Supervision of Support Workers
* Delegation of responsibilities during shifts
* Allocated admin hours for paperwork such as rotas and reports where required
This is a full-time, permanent position, working 37 hours a week over a 7 day rota which may include sleep ins (paid at an additional £50 per night) weekends and bank holidays.
Salary & Benefits:
The salary for this role starts at £20,200 per annum / £10.50 per hour, plus sleep-in enhancements.
This company offer exceptional training and development, alongside a wide range of benefits including:
* 33 days annual leave a year (including bank holidays)
* Opportunity to gain formal qualifications
* Access to a 24-hour employee counselling programme
* Staff discount scheme
* Competitive pension scheme
Applicants must be male due to the needs and backgrounds of the service users you will be supporting.
You must have experience working with people with autism, and be able to get to the service without public transport.
A Level 3 qualification in Health and Social Care is preferable, but not essential with the right experience, as the company can support you to achieve this.
We are looking for someone who is confident, adaptable, and skilled at dealing with unpredictable and challenging behaviours.
This role could be of particular interest to those with a qualification, or seeking more experience, in Psychology or related fields.
How to apply:
If you are interested in this role or have any questions, please click 'Apply Now' or contact Becky Bowles at Owl Recruitment - find me on LinkedIn