We are seeking Support Workers for a very rewarding role, working within a specialist centre for adults with ABI (acquired brain injury), dementia, and neuropsychiatric conditions.
About the role:
You will be working in a 30+ bed, specialist centre in Langstone, Newport, for the assessment, treatment and rehabilitation of individuals with a wide range of neuropsychiatric needs. The centre provides treatment and nursing care focusing on positive outcomes for patients and their families.
The centre has worked hard to create an environment that is friendly, cheerful, therapeutic, and encourages patient proactivity.
It boasts some exciting features including a multi-media room, sensory room, and hair and beauty salon; as well as hosting a monthly visit from local farm and rare breed animals!
You will be working as part of a fantastic, highly regarded multi-disciplinary team, with overall responsibilities including:
* Support with day-to-day living, in line with individuals’ person-centred plans
* Helping service users reduce distress, maintain personhood and improve quality of life
* Helping deliver high quality treatment and rehabilitation
* Supporting with personal care and challenging behaviours
Whether you are looking for a company that offers serious progression opportunities, or looking to take the first step into Support Work, this could be the perfect role for you. This provider offers exceptional training, as well as opportunities for further development and to obtain formal qualifications.
Working hours are 39.4 hours a week, working long days (7.45am - 8pm) or waking nights (7.45pm - 8am), or a mixture of both.
Both full-time and part-time opportunities are available.
Full time Support Workers will work 14 x 12hr shifts per month (including 2 in 4 weekends) and part-time Support Workers will work 2 x 12hr shifts per week (including 1 in 4 weekends throughout the month) .
Salary & Benefits:
Salary is £21,567 per annum (£10.50 per hour), with benefits including:
* Excellent overtime rates (£11+ weekdays, £13+ weekends)
* Opportunities for additional overtime bonuses (£100 per month, plus additional 6 month bonuses)
* 21 days’ annual leave, plus 8 bank holidays
* £500 refer-a-friend scheme
* Life insurance
* Career succession planning
* Excellent training and development (their training team just won an award for the quality of their training programme!)
* Free uniform
* Paid-for DBS check
Who are we looking for?
Experience in the care sector is desirable, but life experience is also very much welcomed. We are looking for people with:
* the resilience and confidence to work with challenging behaviours
* the enthusiasm and drive to enrich individuals’ lives
* excellent communication skills
* a strong desire to learn
How to Apply:
If this sounds like the job for you, or you have any questions about the role, click 'Apply Now' or call Becky Bowles at Owl Recruitment – find me on LinkedIn