Full Time/Permanent – 42 hours per week on average
Unqualified £23,620 basic annual salary, rising to £24,024 on successful completion of probation period
Qualified £25,116 basic annual salary
(The above salaries exclude possible sleep in shifts and overtime. Qualified Support Worker salary is based on the proven existing completion of a Level 3 Diploma for Residential Childcare)
* A robust Induction and mandatory training program to up skill our workforce
* Progression within the organisation on promotion and development of given role
* Condensed hours –08:00 till 20:00 rolling rota
* Waking Night contracts are also available £10.50ph
* 224 hours annual leave per annum (including bank holidays)
* Holiday increase per year – 12 extra hours for 3 years (capped at 278 hours)
* Pension scheme after a qualifying period
* Enrolment and funding to required qualification
The ethos and culture of the Area Camden Group is founded on core values of mutual respect and good parenting whilst being respectful to the values of privacy, dignity, independence, choice, rights and fulfillment.
Our purpose is to provide the highest quality care within very high quality settings in urban inner London locations and to offer young people care, accommodation and support as close to a family environment as possible. The residential care we provide is for 11 to 18-year olds and our focus is centered on the needs of the child.
The welfare of our young people is paramount in the role of a Support Worker. Not only do Support Workers keep our young people safe, but as the daily care provider they also make a fundamental contribution to their care, learning and development. A key figure within the team, you’ll build invaluable bridges between Area Camden and the local community, promoting social inclusion as you support people with emotional and behavioral difficulties to reach their full potential.
* You will work with the team to promote and support the young people in our care, in leading a life of positive development by providing a safe and nurturing environment.
* A vital part of your role will be providing the young people with emotional and social support, helping them to develop meaningful relationships with other children and adults, as well as encouraging them to become involved with local communities.
* You will encourage and enable each young person’s self esteem to be raised in a positive manner and ensure that they are respected and valued.
* Encourage, support and enable each young person to make positive life choices and achievable levels of independence that help them develop to their full potential, and receive the essential care and attention.
* Responsible for a high level of recording. Great emphasis and importance is attached to the recording of events and observations which will include young people’s daily and monthly progress, updating of children’s files, child protection records, notification to appropriate people and health and safety checks.
* Continually assess the children and young peoples’ needs. Under the direction of your manager, and other appropriate personnel, you will be responsible for the formulation, implementation and review of care plans.
* You will work closely with your manager, your team, the health advisor, social workers, therapists, teachers and other professionals. You may also be involved with the young people’s families, especially when supervising contacts.
* Encourage and support the young people with all of their daily living needs in line with their individual care plan.
* Carry out domestic duties within the home, involving the children and young people where appropriate and plan, shop and prepare meals, ensuring they have a varied and well balanced diet.
* Have the ability to engage with young people in a positive and proactive approach
* Be self motivated with a positive nature
* Be sensitive and reflective
* Have the ability to listen and empathise
* Be able to work individually and within a team
* Have experience working in the care sector or residential care
* Hold a relevant qualification or be committed to undertake a Level 3 Diploma for Residential Childcare - we are looking for passionate and caring individuals who we will support to gain a qualification.
* Be willing to work some Bank Holidays
Polaris is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates. The company is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff to share this commitment. Successful applicants will be subject to a DBS check at enhanced level if successful for the position