An outstanding opportunity for a motivated and quality driven individual to grow in a successful domiciliary care service. Experience within a CQC regulated setting is essential along with strong leadership and relationship building skills.
We are looking for a Registered Domiciliary Care Manager to join our Domiciliary care service base in Barking and Dagenham.
The Registered Domiciliary Care Manager will have previous experience of running a Domiciliary Care organisation with a mixture of local authority and privately funded clients.
• To work with the Directors to achieve Outstanding results in regard to CQC outcome inspection rating of the Domiciliary Care Agency.
• Recruit and train Care Coordinators to ensure a truly person-centred service.
• Carry out Client Care Assessments, Risk Assessments and Reviews to ensure Care Plans match these.
• Ensure CQC compliance and standards are met.
• Ensure the provision of appropriate levels of assistance at all times for all service users.
• Develop the Outreach care business in the local community.
• Ensure up-to-date and accurate records are kept on residents and service users.
• Manage recruitment, training and induction for new starters.
• Ensure performance in the areas of hours growth, profitability, people-management and quality.
• To ensure that all care is assessed, planned, allocated, delivered and evaluated in line with procedures.
• This person should also successfully oversee and develop the domiciliary service and motivate a team to deliver the best quality of care.
As the Registered Manager you will need to have previous experience within a similar service and have managed within the home care sector
• At least Two year of experience of management, including appraisals, coaching, performance management.
• Excellent communication and people management skills and have knowledge and a good understanding of current CQC regulations as well as being a passionate individual who loves to manage a team to drive great results.
• You will be commercially aware with an ability to develop your service and build great relationships internally and externally.
• Have a full driving licence.
• A skilled registered manager with a level 5 in leadership and management with a robust knowledge around CQC compliance