We are looking for a capable and confident ‘home-style’ Cook, with caring and conscientious qualities, to join the team in our friendly care home.
As an important team member, you will provide residents with a choice of delicious and nutritious home-cooked meals made from scratch.
Part time 14hrs/week Thursday and Friday - shifts are usually 8.00am - 3.00pm, flexibility to cover shifts necessary (possibility of additional hours housekeeping for the right candidate).
Your role will centre around the storage, preparation, cooking, and serving of all food and drink required for the day. To include the following:
· Assisting at breakfast with cooked items
· Starter, choice of two mains and desserts for lunch
· (e.g. spaghetti bolognese/fish pie + apple crumble/treacle sponge)
· Preparation of savoury and sweet options for supper
· Adhering to Food Safety rules throughout and keeping records
· Cleaning down the kitchen
· Adapting your menus for seasonally available produce
No professional experience is necessary, but experience from a previous role as a kitchen assistant, cook, or chef would be beneficial.
· To be able to prepare and cook tasty and nutritious food
· An awareness or willingness to learn of food safety, special diets, and people living with dementia (full training provided)
NVQ or Diploma Level 2 in Food Preparation and Cooking or equivalent
· Rugby, Warwickshire
· £8.87 per hour
· 14hrs/week PT
Pinnacle Care Ltd:
Offering high quality person-centred care for people living with dementia and related mental health needs in Rugby, Warwickshire. Through home care, day care, and residential care – on both a respite and long-term basis.
We believe that each of our homes should provide residents with a friendly and comfortable environment. This allows residents to have as much flexibility as possible, provides a level of familiarity, and encourages activity.
We achieve this by working to a number of person-centred care principles and training our staff to a high level, to really understand dementia.
Full job descriptions, and a list of current vacancies, can be found on the Pinnacle Care website.
Here at Pinnacle Care we are proud to offer extremely competitive rates of pay for our roles, including the highest pay for entry level carers in Rugby.
We have several full and part time positions available in our specialist dementia care homes, at various locations across Rugby, Warwickshire. We are looking for dedicated individuals with a professional attitude and that special caring quality that sets them apart from the rest.