Live in carer
£83 - £110 per day
Helping people live the best life they can at home isn’t just work, it’s life changing work. For older people, or those with life-limiting conditions, there's nowhere better to live than in the comfort of their own home. Surrounded by their memories and supported by a live-in carer, every single client gets to live their very best life, in the place they love the most.
Join us as a live in carer and you will receive the very best in training and support from a team who are here for you 24/7, looking after you so that you can make a real difference to others.
For our carers, live-in care means that they only work in one household. Looking after one client or at times a couple. What is good is that our carers are, in effect, isolating themselves with their clients for the duration of their rotas, thereby minimising their exposure to COVID-19.
If you have experience of providing personal care, either in a professional capacity or from recent experience of providing personal care to a loved one or a friend, we'd love to hear from you.
There’s nowhere better because:
- We offer a variety of live-in care roles in England and Scotland to suit your level of experience and lifestyle
- 5 days’ intensive training before your first placement
- 24/7/365 support from our central team
- A dedicated care manager who knows you and your client
- UK travel expenses covered whilst in placement
- We pay according to skills and experience, not based on the client you work with.
Your role will include:
- Managing medical conditions such as dementia, stroke and incontinence
- Moving and handling
- Cooking, cleaning and ensuring the smooth running of the house.
We’re looking for:
- Either minimum 6 months’ professional care experience such as live-in carer, domiciliary carer, care assistant, support worker or personal healthcare assistant or similar
- OR you may have worked as cabin crew or in hospitality, aviation, leisure or cleaning services and have recent experience of providing personal care for an adult friend or family member including washing, bathing and toileting
- Experience of dementia care desirable
- A driver’s licence is an advantage but not a requirement, we have clients who live in areas where driving is an advantage. The client provides the car and the insurance, for you to be able to drive you and your client for the occasional trip out and about.
Our Carers have Key Worker status.