JOB TITLE: Kitchen Assistant, 28.5 hours per week
REQUIREMENTS: Certificate in Basic Food Hygiene.
JOB SUMMARY: To assist the cook in ensuring that the kitchen is run efficiently.
ACCOUNTABLE TO: The Kitchen Manager and Home Manager.
DETAILS OF RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. To follow the Home’s menus for high tea ensuring special dietary needs are met.
2. To ensure clients are given a choice of menus and that choice is documented.
3. To ensure that all documentation is kept up to date according to current legislation.
4. To be aware of HACCP and all food hygiene regulations and keep abreast of legislative changes as they occur.
5. To care for all kitchen equipment and ensure that it is being operated correctly and safely.
6. To ensure that the kitchen, food store and equipment is cleaned and maintained according to the kitchen cleaning schedule.
7. To be conversant with Health & Safety policies including COSHH regulations and to report any accident/unusual occurrences to clients, other staff or self, promptly to the person in charge of the Home at the time.
8. To report immediately to the Manager any machinery or equipment suspected of not operating correctly or in any way a danger or hazard.
9. To wear protective uniform whilst at work.
10. To attend all training courses offered.
11. To be aware of the Home’s Policies and Procedures.
12. To hold in confidence all personal information entrusted to you. To not under any circumstances discuss the clients or Home practices with client’s relatives or anyone not in the employ of the Home.
13. To adhere to the Home’s ‘No Smoking Policy’.
Our care staff consists of registered nurses, nursing associates, senior carers and carers. All our nurses have appropriate experience and undergo continual training and development. Our Senior Carers have completed their NVQ levels 2, 3 or equivalent and all other care staff have relevant care experience or are training for their care qualifications or are undertaking the Care Certificate. As well as regular supervision, care staff are all required to undertake regular training updates.
We are delighted to have two wonderful activities co-ordinators who help to improve our residents’ quality of life.
In addition to our care staff, we are lucky to have highly-experienced cooks, catering, housekeeping, laundry, maintenance and reception staff. All are trained in their roles and receive regular update training and just as importantly, they are all friendly and willing to go the extra mile to assist residents and relatives with their needs.
We have members of staff who have worked within the Home for many years and bring great continuity and reassurance to our residents. For all our staff, we have a comprehensive induction system, as well as regular training on all aspects of care.